Our mission is…
- To provide the alpacas and llamas in our care with the best possible lives and the utmost care.
- To offer a welcoming new home for life, for unwanted alpacas and llamas from all over the UK.
- To provide people with hugely enjoyable and unique alpaca experiences that are accessible to all.
- To immerse our visitors in the beauty of the Lake District World Heritage Site.
- To share our knowledge about a fascinating species.
- To design and make delightful, ethical and sustainable products that promote
alpacas and their yarn.
We have set up our award winning non-profit company (specifically a Community Interest Company) to make best use of our skills, and do something positive and innovative with the land where we live, bringing visitors in touch with the landscape and natural world in an enjoyable, engaging and therapeutic way. We aim to make the experiences accessible to all, adapting our approach as necessary, providing everyone with an inspiring and memorable experience and an opportunity to connect with nature in a way that contributes to their wellbeing.Trading income from our activities helps the Company to deliver its social aims and purpose, enabling it to offer heavily subsidised or free, access to its activities to charities, social enterprises and other third sector organisations.
The Company has worked directly with a range of organisations during its first two years, including; One in a Million Bradford, Cumbria County Council Foster Care Service, Friends of Chernobyl’s Children, Keswick Youth Club, Eden Valley Hospice, Barrow Blind Society, Launchpad Vereran Charity, Headway North Cumbria, Always Another Way, Amy’s Care, Carlisle Mencap and Northern Care Coordination Partnership Walking With The Wounded.
- Donate an Experience If you are a school, organisation, charity or social enterprise and you are interested in what we do please contact us for more information about how we could work with you :)